Young couple with a Zipcar doing some shopping

Need a vehicle to travel to a meeting, for a site visit or to transport equipment? Leave your car at home and use the Council’s Zipcars!

How do Kent County Council employees use Zipcar?

Kent County Council have set up a Zipcar account to enable employees to use the cars and vans whenever needed for work purposes.

Reservations can be made for as little as 1 hour to as long as 1 week- however long you need.

Where are the vehicles?

They couldn’t be closer, located within the car park at Sessions House and on Church Street.

Which vehicles are available?

We have a range of vehicles to ensure we suit all of your needs, including Corsas and Golfs

What are the advantages of the service?

  • Use a vehicle within seconds- nearest ones < 1 min walk away
  • Save time and hassle- no need to fill in expense forms; simply book, unlock and drive; Zipcar team available 24/7, 365 days of the year to answer any queries
  • Eliminate cost and time spent finding a parking space- each Zipcar has its own bay
  • Eliminate time spent in rush hour traffic jams- leave your car at home and cycle or take the train to work, whilst still having access to a vehicle when needed during the day.

How do I use a vehicle?

  1. Join- apply online, we’ll call you back to confirm your driving license details and once your application has been approved by your manager and the KCC team, you’re ready to go
  2. Reserve- book online, via our free app or over the phone
  3. Unlock- walk up to the vehicle, hold your Zipcard on the windscreen, tap your app or give us a call
  4. Drive- grab the keys from the glove box and drive away, returning back to the same space when you’re done- it’s that simple

register now

Register Now

Fill out the online application form, we’ll call you back to confirm your driving license details and we’ll ask the Council to confirm that you’re a Kent County Council employee.

sign up

Need further information?

We're available 24/7, 365 days of the year on 0333 240 9000 or