Need a vehicle to travel to a meeting, for a site visit or to transport equipment? Leave your car at home and use the Council’s Zipcars!
How do Kingston Council employees use Zipcar?
Kingston Council have set up a Zipcar account to enable employees to use the cars and vans whenever needed for work purposes. Reservations can be made for as little as 1 hour to as long as 1 week- however long you need.
Where are the vehicles?
Zipcar have recently placed a new Zipcar within your Guildhall car park, ensuring the vehicles couldn’t be closer! Zipcar also have vehicles at further locations nearby, including Ashdown Road, Grove Crescent and Winery Lane.
Which vehicles are available?
We have a range of vehicles to ensure we suit all of your needs- Polos, Ups and Golfs to travel to meetings, 7 seater Tourans if you’re travelling in a group and vans to transport equipment.
What are the advantages of the service?
- Use a vehicle within seconds- nearest ones < 100 meters away
- Save time and hassle- no need to fill in expense forms; simply book, unlock and drive; Zipcar team available 24/7, 365 days of the year to answer any queries
- Eliminate cost and time spent finding a parking space- the Zipcar has its own bay within your car park
- Eliminate time spent in rush hour traffic jams- leave your car at home and cycle or take the train to work, whilst still having access to a vehicle when needed during the day.
How do I use a vehicle?
1. Join- apply online, we’ll call you back to confirm your driving license details and once your application has been approved by your manager and the Kingston Council team, you’re ready to go
2. Reserve- book online, via our free app or over the phone
3. Unlock- walk up to the vehicle, hold your Zipcard on the windscreen, tap your app or give us a call
4. Drive- grab the keys from the glovebox and drive away, returning back to the same space when you’re done- it’s that simple
Fill out the online application form, we’ll call you back to confirm your driving license details and we’ll ask the Council to confirm that you’re a Kingston Council employee.
Register on Kingston Council's Account
Need further info?
We’re available 24/7, 365 days of the year on 0333 240 9000 or email@example.com
Could Zipcar be useful at home?
All Kingston Council employees receive discounted personal membership- annual membership fee of £39.50 (usually £59.50) and reduced reservation rates, starting at £4.75 per hour and including comprehensive insurance, at least 40 free miles and Congestion Charge.
Set up a personal account with your Kingston Council discount