Need a vehicle to travel to a meeting, for a site visit or to transport equipment? Leave your car at home and use the Council’s Zipcars!
How do Kent County Council employees use Zipcar?
Kent County Council have set up a Zipcar account to enable employees to use the cars and vans whenever needed for work purposes.
Reservations can be made for as little as 1 hour to as long as 1 week- however long you need.
Where are the vehicles?
They couldn’t be closer, located within the car park at Sessions House and on Church Street.
Which vehicles are available?
We have a range of vehicles to ensure we suit all of your needs, including Corsas and Golfs
What are the advantages of the service?
- Use a vehicle within seconds- nearest ones < 1 min walk away
- Save time and hassle- no need to fill in expense forms; simply book, unlock and drive; Zipcar team available 24/7, 365 days of the year to answer any queries
- Eliminate cost and time spent finding a parking space- each Zipcar has its own bay
- Eliminate time spent in rush hour traffic jams- leave your car at home and cycle or take the train to work, whilst still having access to a vehicle when needed during the day.
How do I use a vehicle?
- Join- apply online, we’ll call you back to confirm your driving license details and once your application has been approved by your manager and the KCC team, you’re ready to go
- Reserve- book online, via our free app or over the phone
- Unlock- walk up to the vehicle, hold your Zipcard on the windscreen, tap your app or give us a call
- Drive- grab the keys from the glove box and drive away, returning back to the same space when you’re done- it’s that simple
Fill out the online application form, we’ll call you back to confirm your driving license details and we’ll ask the Council to confirm that you’re a Kent County Council employee.
Need further information?
We're available 24/7, 365 days of the year on 0333 240 9000 or firstname.lastname@example.org